And as a special bonus to my most loyal readers, here they are playing it live! I’m amazed at how many people it takes to make that much noise all at once.
Taking a trip back to 1983 for Wall of Voodoo – Mexican Radio. Begin your educational Wikiwander into the music’s background here! For instance, did you know that the original lyrics were much more repetitive, and the writer’s mother hated them?
A few comments:
- I’m disappointed he didn’t go down Lombard Street
- I’m expected Travis Pastrana to do more than just a stoppie and a wheelie. That guy’s an amazing rider
- The twisty road at 5:00 is really fun on a motorcycle
- The jump into the corner at 5:40 was my favorite part
- All things considered, I’m surprised at how quickly he got across SF and into the open hills
- Styx is from Chicago; they should have ended the video with a California band, such as Me First and the Gimme Gimmes: